Sunday, January 4, 2015

Into the Woods

Today I walked into the woods in the blowing wind and snow.  In the field, the wind was wicked, but upon entering the woods, everything was hushed and the snow feel thickly, but gently, all around.
 


 

When the snow is falling heavily on the trees, everything is lovely.  Everything is art.
 
 

 
Tall trees arch like cathedrals.  Snow nestles on pine and spruce branches just so.  Everywhere I look, all I see is something perfectly beautiful.  It's more than I can describe in words, these perfect hikes.  Days like these feed my soul.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. A far better report of the snow than the pictures Nikki posted of the 400 southbound. Thanks I needed this fir reassurance that we are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo "fir" should be "for" but with all the tree talk maybe it works. LOL

    ReplyDelete